Terms and Conditions
A holiday in Italy is different from one in Britain and in addition to the booking conditions below you may also like to read our 'What To Expect' page for more information and guidance on villas and holidays in Italy.
1. Lettings are arranged by Traditional Tuscany in the name and on behalf of the owners of the properties. A Client Trust Account is operated by Traditional Tuscany through Lloyds TSB to ensure full & proper protection of all client payments.
2. Traditional Tuscany reserves the right to modify the prices in the price list when necessary or offer discounts periodically.
3. The rental prices issued on our website are in GBP (British Pounds) and are based on forward exchange rates and settlement to the property owners in their local currency.
Bookings and payments
4. All bookings are subject to availability. The party leader must be at least 18 years at the time of booking. The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all other members of the booking party. By making the booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised and that all other party members agree that the booking is subject to these Booking Conditions. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us.
5. If you would like to reserve a property please telephone us on 01945 430055 or use our secure online reservation system. If you would like us to hold a property for you, please call us on 01945 430055 or email us with your request. If a property is available we will hold it for you for 48 hours.
6. A booking is made when the booking form is returned to Traditional Tuscany with the payment then due and we have issued a detailed booking confirmation verifying your holiday details including rental costs and payments made.
7. A 30% deposit is due at the time of booking except when booking less than 9 weeks before departure, in which case the full rental amount will be due at time of booking. Full payment of the rental is due by the date shown on your confirmation of booking, normally eight weeks before the start of the rental. If balance of payment is not made by the due date the booking may be deemed to be cancelled and cancellation terms will apply.
8. On receipt of your booking form and deposit, we will send you a detailed confirmation invoice verifying your holiday details including rental costs and payments made. It is then a firm contract exists between you and Traditional Tuscany on the terms of this online brochure. This invoice will state any outstanding balance and due date for payment, no further reminder will be sent.
9. All holidays and offers published in this brochure are subject to availability at the time of booking and any acknowledgement of your reservation request is not binding and no accommodation is contractually reserved for you until a payment has been received and we have issued a detailed confirmation invoice.
10. If after a confirmed booking is made you wish to amend or change your booking with us, we will do all that we can to accommodate your request, but it may not always be possible. Any such changes or amendments will be subject to payment of an administration fee of £30 and any associated costs imposed by our suppliers. Any accommodation changes made with 56 days or less to your holiday start date may be treated as a cancellation and new booking and may therefore incur cancellation fees.
11. Traditional Tuscany and the owners of the accommodation have the right to refuse any booking.
12. The property will been reserved for the person named on the booking form, the party leader, and their party members. The number of people staying at the property must not exceed the maximum occupancy indicated in the property description or detailed on your booking confirmation and accommodation vouchers. Please notify Traditional Tuscany of any known changes to the party before travelling. Any changes notified after your accommodation vouchers have been issued will be subject to payment of an administration charge of £30 and any associated costs imposed by our suppliers.
13. Any damage, breakage, or anything giving cause for concern noticed on taking occupancy of the property, must be reported to the property owner, caretaker or agent within 24 hours of you taking up occupancy.
14. Properties will be clean and in good order when the client takes up occupation and should be left in the same state. Some owners levy a compulsory cleaning charge that is payable locally. Where a compulsory cleaning fee is charged it is indicated in the property description: as an indication the cost of final cleaning is generally between 30 to 60 Euro for houses sleeping up to 6 persons and 60 to 120 Euro for houses sleeping 6+ persons.
15. The party leader is responsible for any breakages or damage caused to the property, its contents or grounds during the period of occupancy and for any bills incurred during the stay. Such losses, costs or additional cleaning charges (if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition) will be billed to the party leader. Should any bills not be settled in full on completion of the rental, the outstanding amount will be billed by Traditional Tuscany to the party leader on the owners behalf, including any additional administration costs.
16. Any articles left behind can be forwarded on receipt of a minimum handling fee of £10 plus postage and packaging costs. Any unclaimed articles will be disposed of after 28 days.
17. The party leader is responsible for the behaviour of their party. Should any member of the party behave in a manner that is not acceptable, the owner or their representative shall have the right to ask you to vacate the premises. In such instances no refunds or alternative accommodation will be provided.
18. Children should be supervised at all times. Clients are reminded that there are no lifeguards at the swimming pools and it is absolutely forbidden to dive into pools unless otherwise stated. For safe use of swimming pools and other facilities we recommend clients to observe all property regulations. Use of any facility including swimming pools is entirely at the clients own risk and neither Traditional Tuscany or the property owners can be held responsible for any accident or damage to the client or any other person.
19. Neither the property owner nor Traditional Tuscany can be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the party leader, member of their party or visitor to the property howsoever caused.
Arrival & Departure Times
20. Arrival times are between the hours of 4pm to 7pm unless otherwise stated on the individual property descriptions. Clients who wish to arrive earlier than the nominated arrival times must have permission to do so as the properties are usually being prepared for the letting between 10am and 4pm and the owner is not obliged to accept an early arrival. Guests who arrive after the designated arrival times without having made any special arrangements and having the owners acceptance in advance, may not be able to gain admittance to the property until the following day. We shall try to make such arrangements on your behalf but may not be able to do so. Guests will be responsible for any extra costs.
Departures by 10am unless otherwise stated on the individual property descriptions.
21. A security deposit is payable to the owner (or their representative) upon you taking up occupation of the property. The amount payable is detailed on the property description page and is usually paid in cash directly to the owner on arrival at the property. The security deposit will be returned to you at the end of your stay less any deductions made for damages or extra services supplied.
Equipment, Standards and Services
22. The properties for whose owners we act as agents in arranging lettings are inspected by us. The condition of the house throughout the season is the owner's responsibility. The owners warrant that their properties were in a good condition at the beginning of the season and that they will take all reasonable steps to maintain them in that condition. Neither we nor the owners can be liable for "force majeure" including events outside our control including but not limited to; storm damage, flood, sudden invasion of pests, failure of public utility services, mechanical breakdown, previous damage by other tenants, for which there has not been time to remedy.
23. Every effort is made to ensure the standard described for each property and that all the items of equipment described and supplied by owners are in good working order. However, no guarantee is given or liability accepted if any breakdown occurs. If during the holiday any mechanical equipment (e.g. boilers, refrigerators or pumps) breaks down, the party leader must notify the owner/caretaker for repairs or replacement to be made as soon as possible.
24. Properties are let fully furnished and equipped. The kitchens have gas or electric cooking facilities, refrigerator, sink with hot and cold water, adequate cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, glasses and other household equipment to a reasonable standard for holiday use and suitable for the maximum number the house is stated to sleep. Indoor furniture and household linen must not be taken out of doors.
25. Bed-linen and bathroom towels are provided and included in the price unless a surcharge payable locally is indicated in the price list. Household linen and towels must not be taken outside. Beach/pool towels and cot linen are not provided.
26. All the information given in these booking conditions and in the description of the properties is given in good faith. However, Traditional Tuscany cannot be held responsible for modifications introduced by property owners without our knowledge. Please also note that neither the owners or Traditional Tuscany can be held responsible for external issues that are beyond our control such as local building works.
27. If you cancel your booking, a cancellation charge will be payable based on the number of days before the arrival date at the property that we receive your written notice of cancellation. This means that if you have paid in full and then cancel, you may receive a refund of part of such cost. However, if you have not paid your total cost by the time of your cancellation, you may be required to make a further payment by way of cancellation charge.
Please note the deposit, credit card charges and administration fees are not refundable in the event of your cancellation.
- More that 56 days before departure - the deposit
- 42 to 56 days before departure - 80% of the total rental price
- Less than 42 days before departure - 100% of the total rental price.
28. We reserve the right to cancel a booking and retain the deposit if the balance of the rental is not received when it becomes due.
29. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any booking up to four weeks in advance of the rental date.
30. Wherever, owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot put the house booked at the disposal of the client, we reserve the right to assign a suitable alternative if one is vacant without reimbursement, or to cancel the booking with the sole obligation to reimburse the monies we have received.
31. In the unlikely event that a client has any problems during their stay, the matter must be reported to the property owner or their representative. If the problem cannot be resolved with their assistance the client must, without delay, contact Traditional Tuscany. If you fail to notify the owner or Traditional Tuscany of any dissatisfaction during your holiday, or abandon the property without our agreement, we cannot accept liability for any complaints in retrospect. In the unlikely event that we have been unable to resolve a problem to your satisfaction, upon your return from holiday, you must write to us giving full details within 14 days.
32. Adequate Personal Travel and Cancellation Insurance is essential and must be in place before you travel. Neither the property owner nor Traditional Tuscany can be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the tenant, member of his party or visitor to the property howsoever caused. Should you need to cancel your holiday at any time it may be possible to claim any cancellation charges back from your policy.
33. Unless otherwise stated, any tourist taxes introduced in the province that you will be staying in will not effect any increase in the accommodation rates on our site. You are responsible for and must pay this tax directly to the accommodation provider you are staying with and they, on your behalf, will then do the paperwork and pay the tax directly to the municipality. The local Italian administration is in charge of the tax and therefore different conditions and requirements apply depending on the province in which you are staying. For more information please refer to the official website of the town-hall in the province you wish to visit or contact the Italian State Tourist Board, who will be able to make a search on your behalf.
Acceptance of Booking Conditions
34. When you complete the booking form and return it to us together with your deposit or full payment, or make a booking by telephone or through our web site with payment by credit or debit card, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions without exception or reservation. Your statutory rights are not affected.